Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've done a search and haven't found an answer.. My question is whether or not 67' doors are interchangeable between coupes and convertibles. I've found out that the door glass is and the 1/4 glass isn't but nothing on the doors themselves. My thinking is that they are but I want to be sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I have had coupe doors on both my 68 and 69. The only difference on the door shells themselves was that I had to drill the holes for the alignment wedges on the back side (dimples were there, just no holes).

The door glass is also the same for coupe and vert. The quarter glass is different.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yeah, you'll just be the opposite. You'll have two extra holes on the back of the door; if the seller didn't take them off, you may even still find the brass part of the door wedges on the door.

·
Registered
601 Posts
on a 67 i was looking for doors on my car no body never asked me vert or coupe and all books i looked in never mention it neither. but never owned a vert so i cant 100 percent answer it. if looking for new doors dont buy goodmark. they where so far off unbeleiveable. ill would try going for good used ones or trying classic car industries they are from oer maybe better then goodmark.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I have had coupe doors on both my 68 and 69. The only difference on the door shells themselves was that I had to drill the holes for the alignment wedges on the back side (dimples were there, just no holes).

The door glass is also the same for coupe and vert. The quarter glass is different.
you are correct!!!!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Also, according to my Firebird GM parts manual they make no distinction between coupes and verts for doors. Just each year for first gens are different. I know this is for Firebirds but that should also be true for Camaros.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts