Team Camaro Tech banner

couple ?s on tail light harness

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  irish420 
#1 ·
I have been having some ishues with my rear taillight harness in my 69 camaro sockets are rusty and falling appart.I was thinking of just replacing the rear harness has any one bought a new harness hows the quality? lookinf for some oppinions thanks.Also need a new headlight switch and it looks as if the wiring is also a little beat up ive tried finding a pigtail but have had any luck does any one know who makes one?

#4 ·
Re: couple ?s

the trunk harness is the first thing i replaced in my electrical nightmare, i bought mine from classic industries along with all the necessary lightbulbs, excellent quality, and super easy to install. Later on i also replaced the signal light switch inside the steering column, another easy install for a first timer type of job, and excellent quality.

#8 ·

the trunk harness is the first thing i replaced in my electrical nightmare, i bought mine from classic industries along with all the necessary lightbulbs, excellent quality, and super easy to install. Later on i also replaced the signal light switch inside the steering column, another easy install for a first timer type of job, and excellent quality.
+1...It was my first harness i replaced in my nightmare too...and prob. the easiest....Picked it up from classic industries

#7 ·

If you get the "upgrade kit", which changes from a glass fuse to blade type, you will have to do a lot of crimping... The direct replacement type has all the correct clips, sockets, and other stuff.

The trunk light plugs into the rear harness at the running/tail/license plate light connector in the middle of the trunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.