Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the wiring in place for under dash courtesy lights. The p/o cut off both sockets, and replaced one with a socket that I'm sure is incorrect, wires hanging at the other.

I know I can buy a harness with the correct sockets, but I'm cheap and would just like to figure out which sockets I can splice back in.

Does anyone have a good picture of what the original socket looks like, or better yet, a source for them? I have the factory brackets with the 3/4" hole.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Attached is a photo of the socket. It has legs on it to grip inside the bracket even though it doesn't hold very well. My bulb has printed on it GE97 and L2.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
My car has the wiring in place for under dash courtesy lights. The p/o cut off both sockets, and replaced one with a socket that I'm sure is incorrect, wires hanging at the other.

I know I can buy a harness with the correct sockets, but I'm cheap and would just like to figure out which sockets I can splice back in.

Does anyone have a good picture of what the original socket looks like, or better yet, a source for them? I have the factory brackets with the 3/4" hole.

Thanks!
I replaced the lights on my convertible with a repop harness. If you pay the postage I'll send it to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts