Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 68 ragtop. Are the courtesy lights supposed to turn on when you turn the headlight switch counter clockwise? Mine doesn't, and there's no "click" indicating that the switch allows this.

The only way they come on is with the doors open. Just curious.

My headlights, high and low, and dimmer all work fine.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Thats interesting, I'm gonna write you what a Year One catalog says about headlamp switches. "All 67 models, all 68 models except RS. This new GM service replacement switch does not have the internal light that came with the original switch". Does that means that you might have a replacement switch? Also they mention RS and non RS, what is the difference? I know they have to open the doors, maybe is for that purpose while cleaning them but is it that the RS have another position in the switch? Just curiosity.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Switches for the rs actuates the vacuum canister for the hidden headlights. You should be able to turn on the courtesy lights by turning the switch. I'd try another one, I have a 69 convertible.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Uh hu... 67 coupe and convertible, rs and non use the same switch, 68 rs has an additional vacuum part on the switch. Counter clockwise should turn on the interior courtesy lights

------------------
Geezer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts