Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, looking for some help.

I can not seem to get the cowl grille and top of the fenders to line up. Cowl grille will push in over the winshield clips holding it nice and tiight to the molding. Both fenders are sitting about 1/8 to 3/16 below it, big gap between fenders and windshiled molding. No matter how much I shim the fender it will not close that gap?

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The front lip on the cowl vent is "springy" Don't tighten the screws all the way. As you loosen the screws, the front edge of the vent panel will come up to match the fenders. It will stay where you leave it.

I'm assuming the back of the vent panel is flush to the fenders?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, No the problem is the back. The vent panel is sitting much higher that the fenders.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing that is driving me nuts is that it is all the original sheet metal. No reason why it should not line up.

Thanks Kevin W, I looked at that also and they are bottomed out on the slots.

I have no idea why it wont line up?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Mark -

Are you shimming under the top fender bolt (on the cowl)? How does the fender fit to the door (more bow, or just right?)?

if you have big gaps between the top of the fender and the WS trim, and the trim is as low as it will go (therefore pushing the back of the vent grille panel down as far as it will go), you need more shims at that top bolt position. If doing that pulls the fender in and makes it flatter than the door, you'll have to remove shims from the bottom bolts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the same problem. You have to move trim down. I had to move screws that hold clips down lower to meet fenders. Also helped with wiper arms not hitting cowl where they attach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts