Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with the new Goodmark cowl hood, how do you rate it vs. the GM hood. I heard the newer ones are heavier than the older repros. I'm probably going to look at a used GM and a new Goodmark real soon.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The goodmark cowl hoods are actually thicker gauge metal than the GM sheet metal cowl hoods. In this case, I can't see paying 2-3 times more for less. Buy the goodmark!!!

[This message has been edited by sr71bb (edited 03-16-2000).]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought a Goodmark cowl hood for my 69 Camaro. I almost bought a $400 fiberglass hood, but I'm glad I didn't. I haven't put the hood on yet, but I'm very inpressed with the craftmanship. It only cost $250 and I can use my facory hoodsprings.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings,

The cowl hood question comes a mere three days after I endured a weekend of wrestling with a brand new GM version. I'm not sure if the thing was stamped wrong or bent in transit, but I had to use somewhat barbaric methods to finally get the thing to sit down properly. The corner to corner squareness was great, but I had one corner that required a vigorous "massage". Because of this experience, as well as positive experience w/ other Goodmark items on the same car, I say go with Goodmark! Whatever avenue you take, that cowl "look" is very pleasing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts