Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know who still reproduces steel cowl hoods for 69' camaros? Preferrably 2 1/2" Does GM still make these? p/n

S

·
0 Posts
I cant remember the GM part number but it worked as of Jan 2001 I had a friend of mine order one for his Z. Some Bastard got up on it and jumped on it at a car show. Can you beleave it???

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Goodmark also stamps them. Maybe someone else but I don't know who. GM still has them too.

Are you serious about the dude at the show?
I want to know too, did he live??

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ricks First Gen has them on pg 115 of their catalog and an origional sells for $529, part #HD-1, and a reproduction sells for $210, part # HD-2. They also have YENKO, Nickey, and Balwdin motion Phase III hoods

thier phone number is 1-800-359-7717

------------------
69 Camaro RS, 355ci mild cam, Preformer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit 2500 stall, 10 bolt 2.73 any more questions ask

S

·
0 Posts
Thats the pisser my buddy and two other guys chased him down but he managed to outrun them and loose himself. We figured he was experianced at running from people since he was so good at it. But I hope we never bump into him again.

·
Super Moderator
32,273 Posts
Goodmark is GM's official LICENSED replicator for body parts, not just Camaro, but other models as well. Check Goodmark's ad in various Perterson Publishing mnagazines

Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I bought a used one in good condition but it still was $300. From what I've heard, Goodmark is the way to go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know of a couple of places where you can get a good reproduction here are the names of the companies they are camaro parts places: Nationals Parts Depot, D&R Classic, they have orginal GM hoods but there pretty expensive considering a reproduction fits pretty well and it is about 300 dollars cheaper. But the GM (ZL2) Cowl Induction hood part number is 3949708.

[This message has been edited by Abercrombie53347 (edited 06-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Abercrombie53347 (edited 06-08-2001).]

·
Registered
304 Posts
classic muscle 209.95 +shipping (goodmark)
phone # 1 800 722 4828
good luck

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

S

·
0 Posts
Abercrombie, take your part number and go to one of GM's websites or someone like Jim Pace or Scoggin-Dickey and throw it in the parts search and then you can go from there. I found that if you order GM and are not in a hurry there is'nt any shipping since it will go on one of their regulary trucks. At least here in Washington it works that way. Just go to a Chevy dealer and talk to them. Or better yet have any friends with a body shop they might give you there discount.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can sell you one too! I just opened up my new company Matt's classic bowties (plug!!)
510-910-6686 ([email protected])
and I just put in a HUGE order for parts. Please contact me with all your needs, i can sell you a repro cowl for 195 plus shipping!!

thanks for your support

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have heard that the repops do not have the slight curve in the front corners....therefore they do not align propperly with the fender and header panel. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
Also, whenever you see "Original GM" available from one of the resto houses, it usually means you could go to the dealer and get it, as well...often cheaper that resto house.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't about other suppliers of metal cowl hoods, but one of the things I liked about Goodmark's is the built-in air box...that seems to be an option on fiberglass repros I've looked at.

------------------
'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400

1 - 16 of 16 Posts