Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a really good post on this site with pics that showed the proper installation of a cowl induction seal. Can someone who remembers it send to me again?

Thanks.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I don't remember one recently, just a few about home grown air cleaners. There is this video which made the rounds a long time ago.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I always use Google searches that work better then the board search.
Type this in Google

site:camaros.net cowl induction seal

One of the results http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1676744
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYs3Jouz-4

Just an FYI Google site search is already built into our search menu here, just click the "Search" from the menu ribbon at the top of the home page and select "Google Search" as your option, type what your looking for in the box and click the search button on the right. The search engine will limit all searches to within the Team Camaro site. :D

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I believe delivering cold denser air direct to the carb is the reason why the cowl induction hood was invented in the first place so there must be an HP advantage in doing so.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
The manual transmission base is widely reproduced, and originals show up time to time on eBay or HBC however the automatic trans base is not available as a reproduction and gets top dollar when found.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The manual transmission base is widely reproduced, and originals show up time to time on eBay or HBC however the automatic trans base is not available as a reproduction and gets top dollar when found.
What is the difference? Curious. Thanks.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
The manual transmission has a straight snorkel.
Automatic transmission snorkels have a "Auto Therm air cleaner valve" installed that is a heat dirvertor. Some models of GM used a hose that hooks to the heat stove installed on the pass side exhaust manifold, and connects to the bottom of the valve on the snorkel feeding warmer air to the carb in cold start situations.

The photos below are NOT from a cowl AT but is from a regular production GM auto trans. The 69 snorkel was round not oval. But it serves as a good example of the valve, the hose connection on the bottom.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts