Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1969 SS396 with a Edelbrock RPM Performer intake and a Edelbrock 750cfm Carburetor (#1407). I am looking to add cowl induction air cleaner on it. I have the cowl hood and was wondering if anyone else was running this setup and if it had any clearance problems with the hood.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
715 Posts
You should be fine.....my small block doesn't even go up in the cowl on mine. Just make sure the motor mounts are the correct ones for your engine

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,Autometer guage pod

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have the proformer Rpm intake and the 600cmf carb with a one 1in space and a 3in tall air cleaner and it just bearly sitis in the cawl. You will have tons of room. I have so much room I am going to ad a 2in spacer to raise it up some more so i can get a cold charge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I was thinking I should have enough room, but with the cowl induction parts costing so much, I wanted to be sure before I ordered them.

Greg

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have a 396, Edelbrock Performer 2.0 manifold, Holley 750 DP with a 1" spacer, cowl induction hood. It's close on my hood. The wing nut would just touch the hood when the engine torgued.
I replaced the wing nut with a standard nut; no problems at all now. Just make sure the carb stud isn't too long.

Joe

------------------
69 396 w/SS Trim
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1506559&a=11674961

1 - 5 of 5 Posts