Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at Jefferson yesterday, and was able to compare the Coys and TT2's side by side and I think after a year of searching I decided what I'm going to get for wheels. I've been torn between several wheels, some of better quality but at an insanely high price. But after all was said and done I didn't want to spend $4000 on wheels and tires. After being able to look at the Coys and TT2's and really compare them together I like the smooth lip and better brake clearance of the Coys. The only real down side is I have to play it safe with the wheel sizes. I can't really push the limits on width and backspacing. So I'm going to go with 17x7 w/4"bs up front and 17x8 w/4.5" bs out back. Anyway my question is does anyone have any experience good or bad with Coys? I know this has been asked several times in the last few months, but nobody has responded. I think because the where too new ,and no one had any experience with them yet. I'm hopping that has changes. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I can't say I have any experiance with them but I like the fat lip also on these. Is the valve stem in the center of the wheel? I see what looks like one or place for oneat center of the wheel in your picture. If so is that a brake clearance issue?

Joe

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the same concerns that you do. I also found out the same about the limited Bs and rear wheel width selection. I love the look but can't seem to commit to the Coy's. My interest is in the C5 Chrome.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the valve stems are in the center behind the spokes. I don't think it will be a clearence issue ,but thats part of the reason I'm asking before I order them. It looks like stock disk and smaller bear kits fit no problem. But The C5 big brake kit may be an issue?

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I plan to use the C5 kit when the time comes. I think for me the valve stem would be an issue. There are curved or 90 Deg valve stems though (I think) . Pictures of them with small brakes makes me think otherwise about the wheel. In my opinion wheels like this need big brakes behind them to look good but that's just my opinion. I plan on going big brakes myself some day though.

Joe

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found one possible solution to the valve stem issue.:hurray:
In one of the pictures it looked like there was just a cap for the valve stem. Then tonight I ran across these on Jegs.com. Tire Valves and Caps - Chrome Flush Mount
.453'' Diameter Valve Stem Hole
Inner Bolt Mount
4/pkg

720-5102

This is probably what I was seeing on that Magnum with big brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts