Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a cpp convertion kit and have a little trouble with the emergency brake cable. It seems to have a tight bend in it on the drivers side of the car I'm useing the original cable from the drum brake.Has anyone run into this.Also I have the driverside caliper towards the front and the passanger caliper towards the back.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Assuming you have a 68 or 69 with stagered shocks,thus one E-brake cable entering from the rear.You need a longer cable to make the loop toward the front.
The other side would be fine....I guess your kit did not come with cables.
A 77 to 79 Trans Am with 4-wheel disc cable would probably work as they are side specific and the looped one has a thick sleeve to prevent chaffing against the inner wheel well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have a Dumb question,

Are the calipers mounted in front of the Axle? (I read CPP's instructions about the left being forward and the right being aft) By the looks of the pic they are and the Brake line looks to be going to the bottom. Is the bleeder on the top of that caliper or the bottom? If it is on the bottm you have the caliper on the wrong side of the axle Which would explain the hard bend in the E-brake cable.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Didn't CPP supply the cables? if not they should have . The drivers side needs to be considerably longer, since it needs to make a large "loop" . If they supplied the cables they gave you the wrong set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts