Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Dawg... I feel your pain. Built a 65 GTOpro tour car not long ago. The customer wanted to use CCP. Nothing worked like they said it would. The steering box was even locked up. Customer service was horrible, and said the box must have been broken by me, and not defective. It never even got bolted up. $2000.00 thrown away. Not my money, but still bad. I would expect their test cars and their ads to all be great. They are not going to say their stuff sucks. That's bad for business.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
My buddy building his resto mod GTO has steering gear, big brake kit w/master cylinder from cpp. he’s replacing all of it before he hits the road for the first time.
I guess he just doesn’t care for it and has upped his budget.
China
Performance
Parts

I’ve never personally used any of it.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Probably the same POS kit. Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I purchased CPP's C5 brake kit, Totally Tubular control arms and Viking double adjustable coil overs for a Second Gen. Everything mocked up great with NO mods or fitment issues. Final assembly after subframe powder coat was a breeze. Have spoken to techs and customer service a few times. I've had no bad experiences.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had some problems with their disk brake conversion kits. They took care of me but it was way more painful then it should have been.
CPP=Chinese Performance Parts - not everything but a lot of it is offshore made.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks for the info, I was going to buy some second gen frame connectors from them because I liked the way they bolted to the car. The ones they have you don't have to remove the spring perch to install. I will now look elsewhere, we all work too hard and long for our money to be wasted on stuff that's no good regardless of who makes it. Alex

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I just converted a 66 full size Chev using the PV they offer as well as rotors calipers and brackets. For not having to change spindles and the perfect fitment of everything and price, Im good.
Not saying the made in china stickers are not concerning though:grin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts