Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While removing my trim I cracked the windshield at the base and it has now traveled halfway up the window. I can justify the change out as the windshield was pitted. It looks like windshield, in the car, is original. Any ideas on were to go for a replacement? I was going to call a local place for replacement but would like to get one with original tinting and markings.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Most of the restoration shops like Ricks First Gen. or Year One carry dated glass. You will however pay a signifigant amount more than non dated replacements. Needless to say the glass is available. Hope this helps

·
Registered
235 Posts
The CRG has coding for the glass, if you want to make sure that yours is original. LOF has a website and will correctly date code glass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a windshield for my convt last month for $175 from a local auto glass business but installed it myself. Dated glass will be more expensive but check prices locally before ordering from catalog, I would guess that only a few manufacturers supply these to all dealers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had one bought and installed with the original tint up top at a local glass shop for around $130.00. They did a great job and it looks original.

------------------
'68 Camaro Coupe
350, PG trans

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’d go with an OEM replacement windshield from one of these sources:

Buy direct from LOF's GlassSearch division - Their telephone number is 800-848-1351. They have the original templates for etching the glass with the date codes. Tell them Dan DelGratta referred you.

Buy direct from an LOF distributor – but chances are they will not have date coded glass readily available. Call 858-627-9604 and ask for John Mohay. Tell him you’d like to buy an LOF brand windshield and would like the name of some distributors.

Order one from a first gen parts supplier – For one example, Ricks buys quite a bit of LOF glass. Their number is 1-800-359-7717

Ask each for a price with and without shade band and with and without date coding. Good luck!

------------------
Dan
My 68 RS Convertible 1 My 68 RS Convertible 2
My Web Page

1 - 8 of 8 Posts