Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled a main bearing on my 454 that needs a rebuild and its already has .20 and rod bearings .10. I am planning a pretty much stock rebuild and was wondering how far you can turn the crank down. .30 is not excessive, right? Just want this motor to get me though until I got the cash for my blower motor build.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
You can turn the crank down as far as you can get bearings for. There are cranks with the mains turned down .200"+ operating in many old 383 builds.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I want to say that we can buy BB .100" under, but I don't know if they are still being sold??

But 2.100" SB rod bearings used on BB cranks is done!

pdq67

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
actually .020 & .010 are the same as .02 & .01........I think you meant .020 & .010 are not the same as .20 & .10.
Phew, for second there, I thought they had changed the rules!!!! Or some gov't hack who jumbles statistics to make programs look better than they are got his hands on the laws of mathematics!!!!

:beers:

alan

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
And don't forget that our forged crank SB's run the Honda 1.88" size or whatever the rod bearings are up around 9,000 rpm in Super Mini P/U Speedway racing if not mistaken.

pdq67

1 - 8 of 8 Posts