Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wandering if anyone out there has any experience with T&L engine development out of North Carolina. I am interested in getting a crate engine from them and was hoping someone has an engine from them and can give me some opinions.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
Mine is being built by them right now. There has been some good feedback on here and I also contacted some E-bayers who bought motors from them. I have not heard one thing bad, except one guy had to wait 10 weeks to get his motor. I was told 6 to 8 weeks from order date to delivery. You put around 50% down and remainder when they call you and tell you the engine is done. It is dynoed right there. I also purchased a flow tested custom built Holley carb and MSD distributor from them to leave on the engine after the dyno run. I just need to bolt on the water pump, headers and accessories.

Oh, and I ordered the 408ci motor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
try the search function for T&L engines, should get you some good info on them. I bought a 383 from them and am very satisfied. - Rob

·
Banned
938 Posts
I was at there shop a couple of years ago Lloyd the ownder has a spin-tron there and some nice equipment to work with.

Ray the one that answers the phone is a personal friend of mine ask hin=me if he knows Carl Hinkson

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Believe it or not people actually search these thread and a thing called Google. My sole purpose was not to entertain you two, but to keep future folks from making a bad decision. Welcome to the internet. Just because parts are new, doesn't mean the machining is done correctly or they are assembled with the correct parts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't get em in a wad vega.
I had posted about an engine builder (great engine builder) here on this site as a follow up and then it was pointed out the age of the thread.
I am happy that you gave heed to others in hopes they do not make the same mistake.

I went in and edited my first post because of the age and figured it was a moot point because the thread starter had in all likelyhood made a purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this thread was started a long time ago, but, sometime mid August 09, I ordered a 383 I-4 475hp turnkey package, in Oct-6-09, I recieved a email vid of the dyno session of my motor, I then made final payment within a few days of email, I didnt recieve my motor till Nov 19 '09, missing the carb, the paperwork included was very vague, a basic dyno sheet, (dyno sheet said it made 486hp at 5800) the build sheet is hard to read, was no info regarding the cam specs. I've made many calls only to get voicemail, and when I do talk to anyone (Rob) I get a runaround and BS lies. Here it is Jan 4 '10 and I still dont have the carb that was supposed to have been on the motor when it was dyno'd. I doubt I'll ever see the carb.
This is no way to run a company, I'm very disappointed with them right now. I wont recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Blue, go on youtube and make a comment on a video. I did and they emailed me and said they wanted me to ship my engine back to them and fix it. LOL I told them the truth, after all the bologna and lies you expect me to believe you. I figure I would never see my engine again! I'd rather pay to have it fixed than go through that miserable experience again.

Just for laughs, they sent me a ford starter and no flywheel. I had to file a complaint with the BBB to get my money since they wouldn't send the parts.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I was on them like stink on you know what to get my engine 6 months beyond the promise date. They are the weirdest company on the planet. If you talk to them they are a nice group but just feed you full of bologna. The engines are to cheap. That tells me they are cutting corners and concentrating on quantity, not quality. Upon disasssembly of my motor there were a few things that struck me odd for a engine with 3500 miles. The timing chain was really loose, I'm talking 100k miles loose. There were two pushrods that were grooved from the guide plates. I'm sure this was due to cheap parts. The valve guides are shot as well. Has to be geometry. No crank scraper or windage tray. Even the factory installs that on performance engines. Always had a rear main seall drip and a funky vibration between 2700-3000k. Sprung an intake leak at 2k miles. I will say one thing, I was always happy with the power but that's it. Don't walk, run!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called them last year for a price on a 468 they emailed me a price 3 weeks later on a
540 for 12k then called me to ask if I wanted it. When I told them I never asked about a 540 he said I misunderstood you.
This was after we talked for 20 minutes on what I was interested in, Didnt impress me
JMO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts