Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, check this out. I have new AAW harness in the 67. Just realized that drivers side blinkers work fine ,BUT, when I turn on passenger side , blinkers flash on both sides, front and back. It is like the hazard lights are on. Everything seems to be wired right , but, something sure ain't right.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Interesting... Wonder what happens when your brakes are depressed... If you are positive the wiring is correct, all those wires run up to the turn signal switch and flashers. May be a short there? That's why I ask about the brake light function(s). I wonder if it would blow a fuse or something... Man, I'm not looking forward to replacing my wiring after reading a few of these threads! lol Though, I have also read that many others have had no issues...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. I realized that I have a bad ground on one parking light. Housing isn't grounding to socket. Could this possibly be part of it?

The brake lights work fine. I haven't changed turn signal, so that could be bad. Not even sure how to get into column to change turn signal. Any advice on that too?

·
Super Moderator
32,457 Posts
Housing should be grounded.
Remove steering wheel to get to turn signal switch.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Yes, be sure your metal tabs on the light sockets are making good contact w/ the tail light housing. Also make sure the correct bulbs are seating correctly and snug in their sockets.

So, with the brake depressed and the left signal on, the right tail light is solid bright plus front right signal is off and the left lights are flashing? And the right signal and brake selection still results in all lights flashing? Without a signal selected and the brakes on, rear lights are solid and fronts are off? What about w/ your parking lights on? I'm trying to isolate it to a single wire...

There really are only three wires for the rear tail lights and three for the front parking lights... But the signal and flasher circuits under the dash are a bit more involved.

Check the grounds on the front lights, too. Make sure there is some bare metal under the wire connnector eyes. Bad grounds do weird things...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts