Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What crimper can you buy to crimp the "twin lock" style connectors? Installing new AAW harness and need to crimp the connectors.
Thanks
JD

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
I'm not sure what twin lock means but I think if you go to weatherpack.com the blue handle pliers are the ones I got. After I bought them I found them in a local parts store.These were also $30 dollars but work great. There are more expensive ones but the blue hanlde ones worked fine. also if your doing some conections to your fans or under the hood the weather packs come in handy. AAW will help with what ever you need as well ,they helped me tramendously. I dont know how to spell check sorry......Dave

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Whatever crimper you decide to go with, I'd recommend a ratcheting type. They're easier to use and make very repeatable crimps that look like they should.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Whatever crimper you decide to go with, I'd recommend a ratcheting type. They're easier to use and make very repeatable crimps that look like they should.
And if you want really reliable crimps, buy a ratcheting crimper designed for the specific brand/model of terminals you are crimping. I use AMP terminals and crimpers wherever I can. Good crimp terminals will have both a connection and strain relief, and the proper ratcheting crimper will crimp both the right amount in a single squeeze of the crimper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys....I could be a little dense so forgive me, but the AAW kit uses the Weatherpack connectors and I can't seem to find a decent Weatherpack ratcheting crimper, so if someone could post the model # they used/bought it would be most appreciated.

I've seen a few AMP and others on Ebay, but just don't know which ones would work for these connectors.

Thanks

JD

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I bought mine from EE Industries off of ebay. They are the ratcheting type crimpers and came with 4 different dies for insulated, non-insulated, OEM connectors and spark plug wires. You can buy the basic crimper with 1 set of dies for around 38 bucks or the whole kit for around 69. It's a nice crimper and not too expensive. They do have one with 9 dies for 137 but I went with their auto kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-...emQQcategoryZ38636QQihZ010QQitemZ200031308135

1 - 8 of 8 Posts