Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used this supplier? and if so are they reliable with a good product.I was going to buy my body parts there.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my floor pans, trunk pan and wheel tubs from them. Body dude had no problem installing them. My Fenders and Cowl hoods came from Goodmark.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been told by more than one source that Cross Canada and Goodmark come from the same place (all aftermarket sheetmetal for that matter). It's made in Taiwan by a company called Legion something or other. I have fenders and hood, but haven't installed them yet. It seems to be a crap shoot. One guy says his fit no problem, next guy says his were terrible. They seem to be nice heavy guage metal. I'll let you know about fit in a couple of weeks.

Robb

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.rjrock-what made you buy off both places?Was price difference?Can you buy off Goodmark direct.Any advantige either way?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey there

After years of searching for a NOS GM left fender I gave up and bought a panel from Cross. The bodyman swears that it went on alot easier than the NOS GM right fender. He actually tried to talk me into getting another Cross panel to put on the car because like he said it did fit much better. But then each panel is slightly different I guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To thewebb:
According to the body dude who did my car,
Full Floor Pans,wheel tub & trunk pan
from cross canada didnt need to be so precise since he will do some triming to get them in. The wheel tubs were enlarge to
fit 300mm tires, he had to do some work on
the cross canada tubs.

My local Goodmark dealer guaranteed me proper fit for my hood and fenders or my
money and shipping back. Didnt wanna risk
it with cross canada. All packaging for my
hood and fenders were Goodmark.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds that cross Canada would be a good supplier They may be the same parts like Jim McGregor and robbm mentioned. It may be the dealer who makes a difference.I'll wait to see how robbm makes out.NORTHERN FRIEND seems to had good luck.who is the local dealer you mentioned rjrock. Is he in Southern Ontario or does he know of any dealers near me?

·
Registered
204 Posts
thewebb1

I'm not sure what dealer NORTHERN FRIEND was talking about, but I got my stuff from Early Birds in Toronto. He's the guy that swore up and down that all the aftermarket sheetmetal comes from the same place. He claims that Goodmark simply pays GM a % to say that they are GM restoration parts.... I don't know, it all soooo confusing!!

Rebuilt my hinges last night. Hopefully I will trial fit fenders, etc on Saturday. I'll let you know.

Robb

·
Registered
204 Posts
thewebb1

Spent all day Saturday trial fitting fenders. I can't believe that they will have to come back off!! Anyway, at first they were fitting like crap. The biggest issue was the fenders had way too much round and stuck a mile out past the door. Had to bring both doors out at the front (about flush with drip rails). The doors on dad's 68 are in on these rails quite a bit. Seems like they didn't build any 2 cars the same back then!

The biggest thing I learned was that adding shims both top and bottom will spread the fender which takes some of the bow out of them. Took a lot of time to get the fenders back far enoungh and low enough to match the doors.

Don't know if any of this will apply to your car... the sheetmetal seems to be good quality and the fit can be made as good as your patience will stand. I will mention however, that when we restored dad's car, his GM fenders simply bolted on. Maybe he got lucky, maybe so did I....

Robb

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robbm
Sorry to hear you had so much problem.I'll connect early birds for pricing but everyone I've talk to says Cross Canada's OK. New fenders came with my car but I don't know whose make they are.They were not on the car.
I'll start with floor pans and trunk pans and see how Cross Canada is. Thanks for the tip on the shims though. Thanks everyone for all the responses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts