Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to get this cross-ram going on my 68 camaro. i have 2 600dps on the cross-ram intake, they have #60 jets on the primarys and #64 on the secondaries, power valves are 3.5s. now my problem is this, iam getting gas in my oil, and i mean a lot. i need you guys smarts to help me fix this. thanks ron

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I HAVE TAKEN THE PUMP OFF AND GAS DID COME OUT, ALSO HAVE DRAINED THE OIL AND IT HAS A LOT OF GAS IN IT CAN THIS BE CAUSED BY CARB JETTING OR THE POWER VALVES. RON

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
please forgive me for my last post, i gid not know my reply was in capital letters. i am new so tell me how to rewrite my post. once again i am sorry for my last reply. ron

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
A ruptured fuel pump diapraghm will pump raw gas directly into the oil pan through the back of the pump where it bolts to the block.

The only other way to get a lot of fuel into the oil is if it's washing past the rings. Could be a stuck float, blown power valve. Of course if it's carb related you will see the fuel pooling inside the intake. If you don't see any obvious signs of gas in the intake then it has to be coming from the fuel pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts