Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,I have acess to a cross ram intake from a Z .It is in good shape and has the original holley,s on it,linkage etc.The guy wants $950 for it.Is it worth that or should I keep looking?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
guys,I have acess to a cross ram intake from a Z .It is in good shape and has the original holley,s on it,linkage etc.The guy wants $950 for it.Is it worth that or should I keep looking?
There are alot of reproduction cross rams out there that look the same.
If it is an original it is worth alot more than that.
I would do a little research on how to tell the difference first.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
68 RagTop is correct but even if it is one of the knock offs with the carbs, etc. it is still an excellent buy at that money. You either make out very good, if it is a knock off, or you just stole it, if it's original. Good luck and let us know how you make out. But as other members stated do not :boring: or you loose.
Good luck again!

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
There are deals to be had out there, but!!!! Ya got to ask yourself is your friend the kind that would sell you several thousand dollars worth of parts for a quarter of their value? Where did your friend get the intake and carbs? Maybe they are not orig, maybe they are and are stolen.

I've swapped 2 YH wheels for 2 FW's, it gave my buddys Z/28 the right 4 wheels and left me a complete set of rallys still. At the time he got the better deal by about $100. I'm not in the position to give a few thousand away though, is your friend?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Take a look at this article and see if you can recognize which crossram you're looking at. The GM setup is worth some big bucks while some of the other stuff might only be worth half the asking price you mentioned. Take your time and do your homework.

CRG Crossram Article

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is all original.A guy we both know the guy who smashed his Z many years ago and started putting the engine in a 73 Laguna and never finished it.Just set in an old barn before my buddy got it last year.(for nothing,just to get it out of the barn).I hate to tell you but he is using the motor in his pure stock dirt car.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
If it's a real GM crossram with the Holley 4295 carbs dated you should already own the stuff for $950. Don't waste time, get the money and go and buy the stuff. Then you'll have time to really decide what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Talk to your buddy about that precious block, too. There are lots of alternatives to blowing up a real Z block. Get him to sell the block/motor to somoone who needs that date code, and take the money to build a strong racing engine. Then take the leftover cash to take a trip to Hawaii.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts