Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crossmember for my 67 that for some reason does not fit. Is this common? I have the right one for a powerglide w/327 and the bolt holes on the tranny mount were 1/2 inch forward of the slotted holes in the middle. I ended up drilling new holes to accomodate the difference. I began to wonder if my subframe was replaced at some point with a non-camaro subframe. If anyone has seen this I'd be interested to know what they did. Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just changed over from a powerglide in my Nova to a 350 turbo.Everbody told me it was a bolt in.(Not Quite).It might have worked if you want to remove the crossmember any time you want to remove the trans pan.My sub frame had an extra set of holes about 1" back on the front side.I drilled new rear holes,opened the rear bolt access holes a little,cut the front lower flange off where it meets the trans pan,and spot welded it across for strength.Sounds like a lot of work,but I pulled it off in around 2hrs.If thats a bolt in Im useing the wrong BOLTs??

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed
71 Nova

·
Registered
107 Posts
right engine mounts? aren't 307/327 different from 350 and bb different still? seems like 3/4 to 1 inch is what some people find when trying to put in a hei dist. and find out the motor mounts were changed at some time. my crossmember fit in fine but on the pass side there are three holes in the subframe.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The powerglide driveshaft fit up perfect.The engine mounts are correct 71 350 Nova and the engone frame mounts came from J&W Nova parts.The engine sits nice In the car with good room around the distributor.The trans pan removal problem was the only thing I corrected.

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed
71 Nova

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.