Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post about a cruise at Lake of the Ozarks? Can someone "enlighten" me? I'm in the mid-Mo area and would like to dust off the ol' 68. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site.

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just joined the Gateway Camaro Club and their list shows a cruis to Osage beach Aug 19-20th and a phone# (573)392-1859

I just moved to St. Louis and I graduated from Camdenton. Where are you from?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbrekke:
I saw a post about a cruise at Lake of the Ozarks? Can someone "enlighten" me? I'm in the mid-Mo area and would like to dust off the ol' 68. Any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great site.

Mark
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lately I'm from north of Columbia, Mo. I haven't had my 68 out in quite some time. I think I might just check out the lake. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the info.

Mark

·
Registered
715 Posts
The Yenko super car show will be in Springfield this weekend at the Holiday Inn, and so will I.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm going the lake show this weekend, but I won't be in my camaro I will be in a yellow 29 ford roadster, if you get streetscene it is on the cover and in the mag a few times, newest issue. It is a good show that draws alot of cars and it's a good time.

What is the web site for the gateway camaro club?

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

[This message has been edited by MarkM (edited 08-16-2000).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mark M, Who's 29 are you going in? Hell since my 67 is down I'll gladly cancel my float trip and take your car to the lake for you. Just kidding! I sure wish I was going to the lake show I'm sure it will be a good time. Hopefully in a week or two I'll be back on the road. The Gateway Camaro Club is located at http://kinginformation.net/gatewaycamaro/ I have talked to the club prez and it sounds like a pretty good club-alot of 3rd and 4th gen guys though. Have fun at the lake.
Mike McK
[email protected]
67 SS/RS 396 Camaro

·
Registered
259 Posts
The car show is at Osage high school on hwy 42 about 1mile east of 54 hwy. its a 2-day show with a cruise to the dam on sat night they usually have about 300 plus cars, the dam car club puts on a really good show. if I get my car running look for me in a 68 ss conv butternut yellow

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's my dad's 29 roadster that my younger brother and I just finished completely resoring, he did most of the work including the body and paint. It's a pretty cool car that my dad had when he was 16, sold it and bought it back after sitting in a barn for about 25 years, untouched. It's got alot of history to it and it is supposed to be on the cover of Hot Rod in a 1955 issue, but we haven't found the mag yet to confirm it. I was thinking about taking my camaro also but doubt it.

------------------
mutert23

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be there, providing I can blow out all the cobwebs... Wonder why I never heard of this show before? Been living under a rock I guess.

Mark

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
I am new to the south I live in Camden Arkansas (Southern Arkansas). How far away is the lake cruise? Is it in Arkansas? Bear with me guys I just transplanted here from San Diego Ca 6 Months ago.

BTW:
Anyone here live near me? I have come to find that "near" can mean about 100 miles around here !!!

------------------
http://sites.netscape.net/1969ss/homepage

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lake is in mid-Missouri. That's quite a way from southern Ark. Guess the name "Ozarks" may be a bit deceiving.

[This message has been edited by mbrekke (edited 08-16-2000).]

·
Registered
259 Posts
new update, they already have 234 pre-entry's last year they had about 211 pre-entry's with 521 total cars at the show. they expect to have over 500 again this year! hope to see you guys at the show!

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's a great show, and the cruise to the strip a lot of fun, I was at the lake today and there were already a ton of cars cruising around. look for me there. marina blue 67 rs with black stripes

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD

·
Registered
21 Posts
WOW!! I didn't realize there were so many Missourians on this thing. I'm from just south of Kansas City in Raymore, work in Blue Springs. Does the show last 'til Sunday? Would like to take the kids if it does. How long on Sunday? My car isn't done yet so I'll be in a '97 Monte Carlo. (sorry guys!) Hope to see you there! We need to get together!

------------------
To see my car
www.angelfire.com/mo2/firedog122

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Guys. The show at the lake was great! Even my wife had a good time! Hahaha. They had over 400 cars on Sat. Loads of nice chevys... and one pretty nifty Cobra. I believe I saw your car 67 Freak, but didn't read your post till today. MarkM, didn't see a yellow 29. Saw a yellow 23, or at least that's what it said on it. Hey molaker, did you get the convert. to the show? Looked for you on Sat. Anyway, it was a good time. Even the weather was great. Any of you guys ever run at the Wentzville track?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have not been to mid america raceway yet, but I am itching to get the blue RS down the 1/4 mile, although i would like to have some e.t. streets on the rear first. maybe i'll make it there in the next few weeks

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was at the cruise-in sat. night at the dam and I went to the show sun. a.m. I talked to mark with the 29 hi-boy it was a nice car I liked the old nostalgia look and I past 67freak on the road when I was leaving!

p.s.mbrekke what kind of car was you driving?

[This message has been edited by molaker (edited 08-21-2000).]

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well... uhh... I was kind of in a... ummmm Dodge Caravan. I didn't get around to replacing the pinion seal in the 68. Didn't figure I should create an oil slick down hwy. 54. The seal is on my priority list though!! Now if I only had a few more hours in a day... By the way. You guys don't happen to know anyone looking to get rid of a rearend do ya? Something that at least has a 3:08 carrier.

Hey 67Freak, do you know if they are racing at Mid-America on Labor Day weekend? I don't have this years schedule and it seems to me they didn't race that weekend last year.

[This message has been edited by mbrekke (edited 08-22-2000).]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by mbrekke:

Hey mbrekke,

I have a 10-bolt posi w/3.73 ratio, 11 inch disc brakes,with the 8.5 inch gear out of a 76 camaro. Don't know if this will help you.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Molaker, it was nice talking to you, did you have a car there? I don't know why I didn't ask then, I think it was my tiredness.

Mbrekke, it's yellow with wide whites and a tri-power set up. We were parked by the D.J. stand. It got runner up in the roadster class.

67 freak, what kind of wheels do you have on your car, I'm trying to place it.

------------------
mutert23

1 - 20 of 32 Posts