Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
68 Camaro RS SS 454 BB Automatic with 373 gears
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Lots of folks are saying demand a GM door. Easier said than done. I needed a complete drivers door in 1999. Bought and installed a Taiwan reproduction. Has been a fine replacement, worked and looked fine since then and still looks good.
Sorry I didn't know you back then because I have 2 67 original GM doors that I would have gladly parted with. The doors on my car were original doors, but is being replaced with a Dynacor door. And I have no idea how good there body shop is but I guess I'm going to find OUT?
Lots of folks are saying demand a GM door. Easier said than done. I needed a complete drivers door in 1999. Bought and installed a Taiwan reproduction. Has been a fine replacement, worked and looked fine since then and still looks good.
Sorry I didn't know you back then cause I have 2 67 original doors, and would have gladly parted with them. My doors are original GM doors. The door they are replacing it with is a Dynacor 68 drivers side door. I hope there Body Shop is good but I have no idea about there experience, but I guess I'm going to find OUT. Again if you're ever looking for 67 doors again, please let me know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Looks like that is the case. This is what happens when a non body tech car owner is describing a repair. Bottom line is the shop should eat all costs and do a quality repair. No reason a car owner with zero experience should have to investigate proper repair procedures.
Just curious, as a non body tech car owner where would one even find the number on the car DOOR?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just curious, as a non body tech car owner where would one even find the number on the car DOOR?

Please disregard that last remark, don't know how to delete on here but actually know that information already 🤓 But still appreciate all the help👍. No ? Is stupid if you don't know the answer, well that's what I was taught ✌ And if anyone needs original 67 doors, I have a set, and so many other parts ranging from 67-69??? Even HAVE the original a/c equipment for a 69 but that didn't help ME 🤷? My 68 doesn't have a/c, SORRY this belongs on a different page ✌😎

41 - 43 of 43 Posts