Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Custom Auto Sound USA-6 radio tha thas CD controls but no CD Changer. I have the chance to pick up a Kenwood 6 disc changer for basically nothing. Does anyone know if it will work? Or do I have to purchase the $250 Custom Auto Sound changer? I tried calling CA and they are closed and I need to give the guy an answer about the changer pretty quick.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Different makers have their own connectors. A Sony won't mate up to a Kenwood and so on. However, I've heard you can buy adaptors although I've never tried to. Also, keep in mind that changers go for really cheap on Ebay if you're so inclined.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just remember hearing somewhere that Custom Autosound starts with a certain manufacturers radio (Kenwood) and then modifies the external to look "old school".

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I just bought a custom autosound ss model with 10 disc changer a couple of months ago. According to the installer you have to use the changer that custom autosound offers for the system to work correctly. I questioned him about using a different brand changer and he said it would not work. Hope this helps, this guy has been in business 15-20 yrs. so I think he is probably pretty reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts