Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about this kit because of the price. I can't afford to buy the Hotchkins or similar setups. Anybody have good/bad experiences with these?

Thanks....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had originally installed these 5 leaf springs a few years back. The car sat way too high. I had to make a 3" lowering block just to get it down to normal ride height with a 255/60-15 tire. I had about 4 inches above the tire to the outer wheel lip. It looked like I had air shocks. They never settled in. I would check around a little more. I have the Hotchkis springs now and they are great.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I dont think anyone can beat that price.

I cant even get them for that from my friend that builds all of my custom stuff for me. Even back in 95 I was paying around $136.00 each at cost!! Now they are AT LEAST double that each.

For a custom spring, this is stealing them at the said price!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have NO personal experience with this because I simply threw away the D&R springs after I installed them and they made the car sit too high. I was later told to remove the bottom leaf of the D&R spring and the car will drop to the correct height. Since mine are long gone, I can't attest to this being true or not. A 4" drop from removing the small leaf seems like a lot, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts