Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone...I just had my cousin and his buddy press in my new poly bushings in my control arms. One of the bottom bushings, (the 1st to get pressed in), got crimped when it was pressed in. Looks like a huge socket was used for support and it crimped the outer casing into the poly bushing. Does the bushing itself turn in the outer casing on the lower contol arm? It has a sleeve in the center that the bolt goes thru and am wondering if that rotates and not the wholw bushing. I'd rather not pull it out and replace it if the crimp doesnt effect how the bushing works.

Thanks

Heres a pic.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
The bushing shouldn't move within the control arm when installed. That's why they are pressed in.

I can't say for sure if it will work or not, but I'm not liking the look of it. I usually crimp them in a similar manner when removing them.

Then again, I believe its the large end of the bushing that holds it in place moreso than the small end.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it doesnt look good...does the inside tube sleeve rotate or does the whole control arm pivot on the bolt? My old bolts were rusted ,worn and beat to hell. I got new ones from Ricks. I cant imagine the bolt taking the rotation. I'm probably wrong.. cause I usually am.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone elase have any experience with the poly bushings and care to comment if the crimped casing will still allow the bushing to function properly?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts