Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New '68 SS camaro owner. I posted this question in the interior section but probably should have listed it here instead. I want to install Auto meter gauges in the dash. Presently the original RPM and Speedometer gauges are working properly. My question is, besides the fit, is there any modifications to the wiring that has to be done or is it a pretty simple swap out for the new ones. Thanks

------------------
Presently installing 450hp (@5400 rpm)383 stroker motor for 1968 SS Camaro, TCI tranny w/3500 stall, 3.73 gears

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,662 Posts
I just ran all new wiring to mine, I also installed the autometer console gauges at the same time. It is pretty easy, just a little time consuming running the wires (about 3/4 of a day). I bought a 15 pin connector that I could just unplug when I wanted to remove the carrier assembly. I also used LED's for my turn signals. Let me know and I can email you some pictures of my installation or answer any of your questions.

130fe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will be starting that in a couple of weeks or so and if I come into any problems I will sure get ahold of you for info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts