Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things. First, I completely disassembled the speedo/gas cluster on my 68 camaro. What I found was filth, rust, and chipping paint
I arrived at the conclusion that the pastel green paint inside one of the pieces was what reflected the bulb light and lit the guages at night. Can I repaint over the chipped stuff? Is the paint anything special? Also, if I were to paint over it with a blue paint, would my guages be blue? Or would I also have to paint the little dash marks on the guage itself?

Next, I'd like to know the easiest way to roll my odometer forward. Before I hear about legalities, let me explain. I have stripped the car all the way to the shell and ospho'd and painted every square inch of it (I even painted the underside, subframe and inside floorboards with bedliner!). I also rebuilt the few things that I didn't replace altogether. I feel entitled to a "0" reading on my odometer, since this is in every way a new car.

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the paint is a epoxy based type. There are several places on the web that can repair the unit and restore it. As far as the odometer--- leave it---- If you resale the car or anything you might run into problems, I bought one and did not care about miles, still problems.... Leave It as is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts