Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a new harness in a 1969 Camaro and have a couple wires that I can't seem to identify.
They are one ORANGE and one WHITE together with one plug. I have no idea but I think it maybe the brake light switch wire. The only problem is it is all the way over to the PASSENGER SIDE? Thats what is throwing me off. Any pics would be great.
Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I am installing a new harness in a 1969 Camaro and have a couple wires that I can't seem to identify.
They are one ORANGE and one WHITE together with one plug. I have no idea but I think it maybe the brake light switch wire. The only problem is it is all the way over to the PASSENGER SIDE? Thats what is throwing me off. Any pics would be great.
Thanks
Jack
Right hand courtesy lamp perhaps????

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm going to guess here and say orange/white wires go to door jam switch
for interior lites. correct me if I'm wrong.
Wiring diagram that I have shows just a white wire for the door jamb switch with the switch body being the ground for it.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I already connected those. This one has one ORANGE and one WHITE with a PLUG on the end.
When you say "I already connected those" are you referring to the courtesy lights or the wires for the door jamb switches?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
If it is a 20 gauge white and 20 gauge orange it is for the r.h. courtesy light. Sounds like your harness is for a vert.
If it is a 20 gauge white and a 14 gauge orange, it would be your brake light sw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts