Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've worked on this problem several times and not getting any closer to solving it. The short fuse is good and there is power coming off the spade terminal next to the fuse. All the park lighs are fine. I've done a search and tried some of the suggestions with no luck. Does anyone know of a step by step procedure to help solve this problem Tks, Frank.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Frank I had my whole dash apart a year ago and might be able to help you but Im not clear on what your problem is there. Can you better define what lights are not working? Idiot lights or lights above the tach or fuel guage? Do you have the wiring diagram from the AIM ? That helped me alot.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, its the lights for the speedometer, fuel guage, heater controls etc. Click what is an AIM? My knowledge of automotive electrical on a scale of 1 to 10 is about 1/2 {ha ha} Thanks for your help.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Sorry I should have said Assembly Instrucction Manual is the AIM kinda like the Bible of the Camaro. Available thru our sponsor Ground Up on ebay or other resto outfits. You cant own a camaro and not have it, its worth its weight in gold for helping fix these money pits

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yo Click,

Are there wiring diagrams in the AIM or did you mean the Chassis Manual? I ask 'cause when I bought the 69 4 years ago, it came with the loose page, 3-ring binder AIM. It doesn't have a page of wiring in it. I'm wondering if I'm missing info from a non-compliant AIM?

Thanks,

Rick.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
The AIM has the wiring diagram in it as well so guess you are missing that part. bummer
:eek:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Figures. There's yet another expense. :rolleyes: Thanks for the clarification. (Is it me or does everyone hate the way the A.I.M. reads?)

I began this 4 years ago and I am now at the point where I am replacing items I've replaced. I'll add the A.I.M. to the list.

Rick.

PS: How's the dash light problem working out?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys I think I"ve found the problem. Everyone of the light bulbs was blown. There is power at all of the light sockets. Now hopefully there isn't an underlying problem that will just keep blowing the bulbs when I replace them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts