Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there and thanks in advance for your input. My 67 is not an RS, just a sport coupe. Headlights, tail lights and brakes all light correctly with my switch. My issue is the dash instrument lights.

To begin with I confirmed power from the fuse panel.... except that the instrument fuse will only show power when the dimmer is dialed all the way.... even if the Headlight switch is pulled to turn on the lights, the instrument fuse shows no power on either side of the fuse unless the dimmer is dialed out, to illuminatethe dash (which it doesn't). Furthermore the dash lights don't even come on at all. When I dial up the dimmer switch only the turn signal dash lights illuminate. The dimmer switch won't even turn on the dome light, when dialed all the way. I am truly hoping someone here has some previous experience with this that could help. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
The instrument fuse is operating correctly. There is not supposed top be power there without the headlight switch pulled out at least to the parking light position. IMO you have ground issues for the other problems. Be sure you cluster is grounded for the dash lights to work, Check and see if the heater control or radio has a working dash light. Chek the orange wire at the dome light fot power all the time then start grounding the white wire on the opposite side to see if the bulb lights.

Jeff

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,611 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The instrument fuse is operating correctly. There is not supposed top be power there without the headlight switch pulled out at least to the parking light position. IMO you have ground issues for the other problems. Be sure you cluster is grounded for the dash lights to work, Check and see if the heater control or radio has a working dash light. Chek the orange wire at the dome light fot power all the time then start grounding the white wire on the opposite side to see if the bulb lights.

Jeff
Thanks a million Jeff. After rechecking you were right. The ground wire was missing. I ran my own ground wire and now everything is working properly.

My next project is hooking up my Vintage Air Cond. I think I'm already getting a migraine. Lol jk.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Jeff said check the dash ground strap. There's pics in this link.

Thanks Allan. The ground wire was missing. I ran my own ground wire and now everything is working properly. I may swing back another time and put the original set up you shared. Thank you again so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts