Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of dash lights, by the speedo, is out and last night my left turn indicator light went out, so I have to replace a couple of bulbs. To get to the bulbs, do I have to drop my steering column and take the front of the dash off, or do I do it from behind the dash? And is there anything I should look out for? Not that I'm lazy or anything...I'm just not touching repairs on my car without checking with you guys FIRST from now on! I tried to search the topic, but nothing came up. :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, nevermind, I fixed it myself.

And it wasn't the bulb.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Glad you fixed it, but since you asked the question...I believe there are three screws in the top of the instrument cluster and two near the bottom on either side of the steering wheel. You have to remove the lower escucion for the steering column. The cluster should be loose enough to move so you can disconnect the harness, ground wire, and speedo cable. You might have to loosen the three big bolts where the column mounts to the dash so you can pry the column down far enough for the instrument cluster to slide out. Be sure the ground connection is in tact and good shape upon reassembly. Be careful with the 35 year old mylar circuit board as well.

-dnult

1 - 3 of 3 Posts