Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the instrument housing this weekend and after I got it all put back together I notice that the instrument lights went off and on causing "no power" to the fuel gauge and cluster lights. I have a feeling it has to do something with the wire that goes from the housing screw to the high-beam bulb housing? Is this used as a ground of some sort? Anyone come across this before?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Really not too sure, but I think it is a 194. I forget - I replaced all of my bulbs last winter while I had the cluster out. Got all my bulbs at advance auto parts just down the street from me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies
I will work on it this week and try to get the short corrected.

Kevin

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out I was not getting a good ground. So I attached another homemade ground (14ga wire) to the body and one to the gauge cluster. Works fine. I don't know why all of a sudden the original ground wasn't enough or bad?

Kevin

·
Registered
348 Posts
After you removed the dash you broke a connection that had been sitting for while. When you put it back it wasnt in that exact same area and 30+ years of dust, dirt etc. kept it from getting a good connection, that and the age of the wire. Had the same problem with my 67, checked it with a meter, then cleaned the surface and wire, and got a good connection.

Victor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts