Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a factory dash pad frame made of plastic i looked at mine today and it is i'm just wondering if mine is orignal thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
what year is it

my 3rd gen and 4th gen camaros both have a foam dash with sort of thin plastic over the foam. both are bone stock except for engines

·
Registered
999 Posts
my 69 dash pad looks like it has a fiberglass underside and of course a vinyl top side. did someone cover your original dash pad with a plastic dash cover?

bruce69camaro

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
My Camaro has the original dash as well. It is like Bruce's. It has a fiberboard back (pretty sure its not fiberglass) and dense closed cell foam pad. I can't tell if there is a thin plastic film on the pad, but I don't think so. I think the dye was shot right onto the padding. The molding process made the padding on the outside denser than the padding on the inside. That's why it looks like ther is a thin plastic film. I have a couple of high wear areas on my dash, so I'm pretty certain about the lack of a plastic film.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
when i bought my 69 camaro, the dash was really messed up. it looked like it got melted in the sun and it had broke off from the dash. so when i went to remove it, i just cut it out of the car because of its poor condition. and it too had a thick plastic coating on the underside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts