Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to replace my dash panel in my 69 Camaro. I like the price of the Covan unit but several people I have talked to said they would have went with the DSE insert in hindsight. The DSE insert on the otherhand is probably going to cost upwards of $1100, ouch, once you get it fitted gauges, leds and wired. What do you guys think? I've seen plenty of pics of the Covan unit installed. Does anyone got any pics of the DSE insert installed and what would a ballpark figure be for the DSE with gauges, LEDs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rod,
Price is going to depend on if you purchase the gauges and install them or if you have DSE do it. I purchased the DSE unit for a couple of reasons. It is metal so it will last a long time. I will be driving my car hard, so I want it to be able to last with the abuse. I wanted to control the layout of the instruments. If you are looking for pictures of the DSE dash with different layouts. Check out pro-touring.com. I believe if you look in the interior and project update list you will find pictures. Also, the person who runs lateral-g.com has a complete article on how he did his installation of the DSE dash. I'm not sure if that is the correct web site, but believe he has it posted in one of the sections in pro-touring.com. It was towards the end of last year.
Kevin

·
Registered
551 Posts
The reason I didn't use the Covan dash is the size limit on the gauges. I think the max was 3 inch something.

I thought the 5 inch autometers looked much better so I went DSE.

Rick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.