Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the inside today and noticed the winshield switch cocked at a angle, when I unhooked it I noticed that 2 of the 3 tans that the screws go into were broke off. How would I go about glueing these back on to hold the switch or should I drill it out and just use regular screws going al the way through? The rose wood cover would hide all that anyways.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I have repaired some of the plastic pieces on the dash and other places. What I did was use a glue like super glue and then after it setup use a soldering iron to kind of melt the plastic back together along the crack. I has worked many times on many things on my car, but I'm sure someone here has a better suggestion.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have repaired plastic threads like those using JB weld or other epoxy along with a very short section of steel brake line over the top of the post. Pick a size that is a little bit larger than the post to allow room for the epoxy. The brake line reinforces the epoxy repair. Nobody will ever see it and it is much stronger than just glue. An alternative to the brake line is to wrap it up in wire then use the epoxy over that.

-Mark.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have an old dash that was repaired by drilling through. The hole comes through right in the middled of the chrome ridge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts