Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of the wiring harness routing for a 69 convertible for the dash to quarter panel harness ? I can see that it follows the inner rocker panel back to the rear seat upright, but how does it route up around the convertible pumps and bows and along the wheelhouses so they don't get damaged ?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
It routes over the inner wheel house to the truck.
Sorta like this wire harness routing.jpg

There are some clips to keep it near the flange - like around where the tow red blocks are ...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It routes over the inner wheel house to the truck.
Sorta like this View attachment 21610

There are some clips to keep it near the flange - like around where the tow red blocks are ...
Thanks, but that part is not the problem. I need to know how the wires run up from the rear of the rocker panel past the convertible pumps so they don't get pinched by the movement of the pumps and the bows as they fold down into the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks, but that part is not the problem. I need to know how the wires run up from the rear of the rocker panel past the convertible pumps so they don't get pinched by the movement of the pumps and the bows as they fold down into the wheel wells.
power top wires stay on front side of rear seat panel. Rear harness wires pass through a hole near the bottom of the divider against the wheel well and route over the wheel well and continue out the back like all models. I would take a pic but just finished installing rear seat

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
power top wires stay on front side of rear seat panel. Rear harness wires pass through a hole near the bottom of the divider against the wheel well and route over the wheel well and continue out the back like all models. I would take a pic but just finished installing rear seat
Thanks Musclerodz. Thats what looked right to me but the connector on the new harness is too big to go through that hole in the seat divider. The new connector has an empty space on it which makes it too big. I'm assuming in case you want to add a trunk light. I don't have the original harness to compare since I bought the car as a basket case. At least now I can just rotary file the hole a little bit bigger. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
FYI, Trunk lights have a Y-harness to plug into the factory harness. There are no special rear light harnesses for trunk lights. The Y-harness either plugs into the dome light connector or license plate/fuel sendor connector.

So, I wonder why the new harness has a different connector.?.? Is it AAW/Factory Fit? I don't even have a connector there. Though, I have a coupe... Oh, you are passing the harness from back to front? Isn't the main connector bigger than the power top connector?

I will be installing all new AAW harnesses soo. Sorry to bug you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts