Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to track down a voltage leak on my '68 I discovered that my dash harness is a mess.

There are multiple wires that are cut (I think they went to the radio and old heater-a/c motor). The ignition switch connector block is also missing! Some knucklehead cut it off and put quick connectors on the ignition switch leads then wrapped the mess in electrical tape...Arrrgggghhh!

I am considering replacing the entire dash harness to clean up this mess and save hours on end of trying to track down which of these @#$%-ups is causing the voltage leak. I suspect that the leak is related to the crapped up ignition switch connections.

The battery will go flat in two weeks unless I disconnect the pos. terminal.

I am using a relatively new GM single wire alternator and a new battery, so I do not think the alt. is draining the battery as it rests. I also have an aftermarket Mallory Ignition and plan to add a Vintage Air kit this summer.

Anyone have experience in replacing the dash harness? Which harness manufacturer is going to work best for my plans? I am considering using an NPD OEM replacement harness but I'm open to suggestions.

Help!

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I might have a good original harness around. I work in San Marcos, email me if you want me to look for it.

------------------
Geezer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts