Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, New to the site and currently restoring a 69'SS, X-22, Hugger Orange car.
I'm looking for info on how to read the glass and is there a aftermarket so for it?
(seem's to be for everything). All the writings on my glass match with the exception of the windshield. Thanks in advance. Great site!

·
3,176 Posts
ALOHA and welcome to the best 1st Gen Camaro site on the web. Take a look at www.camaros.org theres a wealth of information from decoding VIN/Cowl Tags to the questions you might have concerning glass. Ricks 1st Gen also deals in correct date coded glass but its not cheap.

Also can you post your VIN and Cowl Tag info in the Tag Team section so it may get recorded and one of the members will help with decoding it also.

Jeff
67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey there GreenLaker, welcome to the site. I am originally from Schaumburg, right down the road from ya. I believe almost all of the Camaro parts houses can obtain new glass and have the correct date codes put on it. It's more expensive than a plain old replacement glass, but it will get you what you want. Please just don't try to pass it off as original if you do.

-Marc

·
11,296 Posts
Green, To answer your question, Yes. The Glass marking have been decoded. CRG www.camaros.org has them and Jerry MacNeish's book 69 Z28/SS396,427 Fact Book has them in an appendix. You should get the book anyway, it is very helpful, if not required, reading for a 69 resto.

You can also post em in the TAG team section for a online decode. you need to provide the 2 letter code found near the bottom, like AX AN NV TX IX IV etc etc..

Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, Driver

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've bought glass from OEM Glass in Bloomington Ill for years and there stuff is good. They'll also code it correctly based on your cowl tag. Got 2 windshields in from them yesterday as a matter of fact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts