Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
We are supposed to "spring forward" at 2:00 AM. I wish they would leave it alone, maybe go 30 minutes and call it good!!

Doug

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
What was the purpose of changing the dates on this anyway?

Personally, I wish they would just quit doing it altogether...its hard enough for me to get out of bed in the mornings now!

·
Registered
295 Posts
:D The correct time is when i win the mn, powerball:hurray: :yes: .gotta go to bed, later guys:boring: .

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Strange Times...

Woke up this morning and MY laptop had the correct time, but no lil window telling me it had changed. My wife's laptop is an hour off.

It get's weirder though... We have this lil "weather station" sitting on the kitchen counter. It tells date and time, inside temp and humidity, and outside temp.

My wife tells me (I haven't verified yet) that this device shows the correct time. This is a battery powered thingy, not connected to anything. We got it in a christmas grab bag... Christmas of 2005!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My computor did not change like it always does, It must be set for the original day light savings date...Crash

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, but this computors about 4 years old and has always changed the time except for this time...Crash

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
No, but this computors about 4 years old and has always changed the time except for this time...Crash

The operating system is set for a certain date and without the patch to change the date i the OS it won't automatically update for 3 more weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Daylight Saving Time happened 2 or 3 weeks early this year. If your not up to date on your patches your computer will Spring forward at the normal time.

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
Strange Times...

Woke up this morning and MY laptop had the correct time, but no lil window telling me it had changed. My wife's laptop is an hour off.

It get's weirder though... We have this lil "weather station" sitting on the kitchen counter. It tells date and time, inside temp and humidity, and outside temp.

My wife tells me (I haven't verified yet) that this device shows the correct time. This is a battery powered thingy, not connected to anything. We got it in a christmas grab bag... Christmas of 2005!

The wifes PC isn't updated, your's is.... The weather station is cool it actually gets the time from a satellite...

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
I believe they are working towards leaving it at daylight savings for good. I think moving it up 3 weeks is part in preperation for that...at least so i have heard.
Wouldn't that be nice, during the energy crunch years ago we went to DST and stayed that way, never should have switched back... The real reason is to conserve energy cause of more daylight. Since the orig studys that prompted the change new studys now say there will be no energy savings...

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
Daylight Saving Time happened 2 or 3 weeks early this year. If your not up to date on your patches your computer will Spring forward at the normal time.
And don't forget that DST was extend an extra week on the far end. We fall back a week later than normal now...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts