Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my battery draining down , i have isolated the problem to my front lite harness . when i disconnect the negitive battery lead from my battery and hook up my volt/amp meter it shows a voltage draw of 11.5 volts then when i disconnect the lite harness from the power junction block the draw is only .4 volts i have unhooked every terminal from -side lamps to the alternator then hook the harness back to the junctionblock and it still will read a draw of 11.5. what am i doing wrong, i realy need to solve this prblem. thanks for your time

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John_Muha:
Have you tried unplugging the voltage regulator connector and the wires to the horn relay?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, the voltage regulator is unhooked and so is the horn relay. there is no connections other than the lite harness hokked to the power block

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just to clarify things, you say powerblock and I read that as the bulkhead connector in the firewall. If you have every wire disconnected, on the forward lamp harness, plugging it in should not change anything. The wires are going no where. Stupid question, are you sure everything is disconnected? All lamps including the turn signal lamps?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John_Muha:
Just to clarify things, you say powerblock and I read that as the bulkhead connector in the firewall. If you have every wire disconnected, on the forward lamp harness, plugging it in should not change anything. The wires are going no where. Stupid question, are you sure everything is disconnected? All lamps including the turn signal lamps? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, the lite harness is disconnected from the bulkhead connector nothing is hooked up but the power lead of the harness to fuse block connectorat the battery

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't have any great ideas and won't be around much today.
However, it sounds like your problem is inside the car and not under the hood. I might be wrong but this is what I think I am reading. That one wire you left connected, in the bulkhead connector, is still tied to the battery. It sounds like that is the main 12 volt feed line for the car's interior. When you plug the bulkhead connector back in, some interior items like the cigarette lighter or radio should work.
If I am seeing things right, start pulling fuses and see which interior circuit is affected. Glove box light has been known to be a problem sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts