Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting no spark. The timing light doesn't work when i turn the engine. I even clipped the timing light to the coil to distributor wire-nothing. I measured the power from the coil after attaching a positive lead directly from the battery-still nothing. Is this a dead coil? Thanks

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Connect ground wire to the -ve coil
Hold the HT lead close to a ground source in the shade...or if brave hold then end and ground youself..not recommended ...
Take a wire from the battery and tap it on the =ve of the coil
That should will generate a spark off the ht lead....or if u choose to hold the end..u need a mirror and watch your hair stand on end, it u dont drop the mirror.

OR put a ohm meter across the small terminals of the coil.. no reading it has sucked a kumura (dead)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Could be a bad coil, but. Are the points good? Are they set properly?
Dale

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
theres an easier way than steeptoe said to check for coil bad. if you got positive at coil. put a test light on negative side of coil and ground and have somebody turn over car the light should flicker as points or electronic dizzy makes ground. if no flicker it is in dizzy. take off cap and see if rotor spins if it does than inside there, if rotor dont spin either timing chain went or gear on bottom of dizzy no good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts