Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the K&N flowcontrol I now have this dead spot. Heres what it does, when I am cruising 2000-2500 and I just give it a little bit of gas it doesnt just go, it hesitates and goes dead for a second then goes.

It ran fine before. It says on the instructions you may need a 2 jet increase but Thats not where the stumble is??

------------------
69 Camaro 1977 350
Shift kit, HEI, holley 600, flowmaster delta flow mufflers
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/rallyrd/murfys_law

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep, more air is now making hit the lean side.

Mark

------------------
Mark
1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~racer383/

·
Registered
65 Posts
How big is the cam Johny? Is the primary blades not into the transition slots over .040"? Power valve not blown? Idle mixture screws do much when adjusting them? Some things to look at. Galen

------------------
S/B Chevy Lover
67 Camaro street car
10:50's @ 128 on motor w/383 cid
79 Z28 w/383 9.1:1 3.73:1 Restoring stock apearance
13:40's @ 101 stock exh.& intake& Qjet
smog legal
Camaro Lover

·
Registered
246 Posts
Idling too high for one thing, and possibly the filter top is too close to the top of the carb. Idle mixture would be rich from the throttle plate position you now have.

Lower idle to 675 to 725 or so, then reset the mixture screws. They want to be close to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns, any different setting and the idle circuit is being adversely affected by throttle position at idle or the idle fuel oriface sizing.

High flow air filter element shouldn't have an influence on idle speed or quality. Off idle, mid-range, top end would be affected.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I-man quick question, on my holley (4160 600cfm) I have the screws 1/2 turn out. Otherwise it stumbles and varies all over the place??? whats up with that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks Ignition Man,I'll try that tommorrow morning. Idle is a little rough lower than 850 to 900 but maybe resetting the idle mixture screws will help that too. Sure do wish that you were in eastern ky.

------------------
johnny

·
Registered
59 Posts
ing. mans answer sure sounds like the right one to me but have you thought about what type of oil you used on the filter dont those filters use a thin oil on them after you clean them like a dirt bike I know when I raced bikes if I used the wrong type oil or to much it would really restrict the flow I would check manufactors instructions for the correct type "fish oil"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts