Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the different dealer options available in 1969? I have an NOS tissue dispenser that was used on all '69 Chevys. What other kind of useless junk could you get? I hate winter.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
522 Posts
Winter Sux. How about the option in 69 that was a bottle of traction helper in the trunk and you hit a little button somewhere in the car and it sprayed some of the stuff under the rear tires to aid in traction.
Trivia time, what was the option code and what was the name of the option and what did the bottle contain? How much extra?
Sorry I dont have the answer but have the question.

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs, Stock? Not!!
Visit my page!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
V75 Liquid Tire Chain 188 sold as a RPO @ $23.20. The chemical was made by Dow Chemical Company.It was sold -given away as a dealer promotion prior to the 69 sales year( to boost sales ) in a cardboard sleeve that said STOP SPINNING YOUR WHEELS.The RPO refill cans were distributed by AC Spark Plug Division part # LTC 400 (1550521). The stuff in the can is a sticky tar like substance (brown in color)that makes a mess.The button for the system is located under the dash,left side,and is red in color.The button is exactly like a vaccum power trunk release unit except red not black.

·
Registered
235 Posts
And as a side benefit, when it got real cold; the liquid would thicken so much, it wouldn't dispense from the can!

[This message has been edited by Ed Ernst (edited 12-12-2000).]

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I have a strange option that came with the 69 suburban. I'm still trying to figure out if it was dealer option or factory. Metal window shades for EVERY piece of glass in it, including windshield. I pulled the ones in the back and had the windows tinted limo black. I heard they are rare and the guy I bought it from had the complete set. I have them in a box now because they aren't very good looking. When I first saw the truck I thought they were some kinda funky looking defrosters.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
So they MAY be aftermarket you think? They very well could be. But I have been told you could get them with the truck new. I guess I'll have to do some more serious research.
John, does your dad still have them? I would think even aftermarket, there wouldn't be many left.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
http://www.geocities.com/stevocamaro

·
Registered
622 Posts
He sold that thing a long time ago

I remember bieng like 6 years old, bending the louvers in with my fingers and pissing my old man off
What an A.Hole i was
I'm surprised i lived through it all
Remembering back, the rig was cool,
38" Cepek Quiet Giants, 454 TH-400, Lots of chrome, (bumpers, pushbar etc..) Big whip antenna with a "dune flag" and a soft top for the summer
John

·
Registered
80 Posts
SIXTSEVNSSRS,THANKS FOR THE ROLLING ROCK.I BELEVE IT WAS A RPO ACROSS THE CHEVROLET LINE,BUT WILL LOOK INTO IT FOR SURE(BAD MEMORY).WHO ELSE HAS GM SKI RACKS FOR THERE CAMARO??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't mind the compass (for when I take the Camaro into the forest), and the locking gas cap. The tissue dispenser doesn't fit so I'm going to mount it on my desk along with a Buick tissue dispenser that I'm supposed to get.

My cousin once had a Lincoln with a trunk-mounted toaster.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust

·
Registered
80 Posts
I may have the lock ring for the gas cap.The tissue dispenser should fit, even with air.Do you have the right one? It should be all black(plastic) with a aluminium band with a bowtie.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes that's the one I have. It doesn't work because of the gauges. I don't have air. If you mount it under the glove box the door the door hits it when it's down. It still has a box of unopened Kleenex inside dated 1966. Can you explain what you mean by the lock ring for the gas cap?

------------------

·
Retired
26,595 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chris,the lock ring goes over the regular gas cap and around the filler neck of the tank. It is about the size of a std. cap just a little larger to fit over it, with a lock sleeve that fits behind the filler neck.I beleve this was a late 69/70+ dealer option only.The tissue dispenser is located under the glove box. The front edge of the box should be even with the leading edge of the glove box,it works with a 68 (I have one).It matters how far back you can mount the top slide bracket,note the one on the dispenser is (should be ) centered.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts