Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with torque thrust II's for my stock 68.

I want 17" wheels. What width, offset, and tire size is best for 17" wheels? I'd like to keep the front the same as the back.

Ed

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
17 inch wheel, 5.00 backspace, 8.5in width, 245/40 tire is what is max recommended by ChevyHiPerformance.com

Many of us go 17x8 (4.75" backspacing) - 5x4.75 pattern (American Racing 505-7863) with 235/45WR17.

You could run this configuration on the rear as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian!

Any idea who has the best price on a set of these? I found someone on ebay who had a set for $899 delivered w/o tires.

Ed

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Call Karen 800-731-4870, she sold me my set, 9.5 custom rears and 8.0 fronts for $985 delivered, I would imagine all 8 or 8.5" will be cheaper.
Btw Karen works at the company that goes under two names at Ebay, gonefishing69 and biggjdoggparts

You should also call these guys and get a quote, they are a site sponsor and many on this board say they have gotten the best price from them.
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/?referrer=teamcamaro

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would be more then happy to quote you, just give me a call. I've helped several board members already. 951-609-3483

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Jon outbid all the quotes I had previously gathered. Good man and quick delivery. In fact I was expecting a week for the delivery and so i took off to Long Beach for a conference, and found them when I returned. Fortunately my son was home and stashed them in the garage.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. PM sent.

I'm thinking the 605M TT's look good given they are chrome versions of the TT II's (from what I can tell).

They come in 17x8 with 0 offset. Will these fit and look good?

Thanks - Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts