Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please decode this for me! I have already decoded my self but would like a second opinion just to confirm. One question that I do have about this trim tag is that it doesn't specify transmission type in the options section! Am I to assume powerglide because it doesn't state either or? I thought the turbohydro was offered in these years but maybe I'm too dense to put two and two together! I think its the console code thats got me scratchin' my head.

O2B M31
ST 67-12437 LOS-22996
TR 760-Z N-N
2G

Is there a web site like Carfax that I can use my VIN# to trace the history of my car because Carfax only goes back to '81?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Decode for body number: 022996

02B = Built the Second week of February.
67-12437 = Standard Interior Coupe.
LOS = Built in Van Nuys California.
760 = Standard Black Bucket Seats.
Z = (A50) Strato Bucket Seats (without headrests).
N-N = Car Color is Madeira Maroon
M31 = internal plant scheduling code.
Options:
2G = (D55) Console front compartment

·
Registered
988 Posts
One question that I do have about this trim tag is that it doesn't specify transmission type in the options section! Am I to assume powerglide because it doesn't state either or?
The trans was a 3-speed stick shift. If it was an automatic it would have had a 2M. By the way, the only auto available for the Camaro unless it had the L35 engine, was the Powerglide.

Is there a web site like Carfax that I can use my VIN# to trace the history of my car because Carfax only goes back to '81?
No, there is not service for these old cars. We all wish there was :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts