Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decode my engine numbers, and I am not having a ton of success. The numbers from the front of the block from what I could decipher are
18L 319792 V1206MA
There is also a random "S" off to the side. Not sure what that is about. From what I can guess the first set of numbers is the VIN code?? The main conflict in information I am getting is that this is a 327 engine for a 67 or 68??? I am mainly concerned what the engine size is, what year it was built, what car it was built for, etc. The seller thought is was the original 350 300hp engine, but I highly doubt that is the original, I would be shocked if its a 350 at all. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 69 crazy. What source do you use get the suffix code information? I looked on nastyZ28.com and it said it was 67, and the camaro book I had said that MA is 67 or 68. I am just trying to understand all of my codes, and every resource I look at seems to be close to other resources, but not exact. Again thanks!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU!!!!! The book I have Original Camaro 67-69 by Jason Scott. Pretty good book, but not quite as detailed on some things as I had hoped! I will try to find Alan Colvins book. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts