Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about Nitrous Oxide!!! Is it new old stock? I'm gonna sell a part on eBay. The parts been hardly used and has the original GM parts number sticker for 67 bbc frame mounts. should I label it original BBC mounts or NOS? I never really got the scope on NOS.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have listed items that were scuffed up as NOS, but when it's used and shows any sign of being bolted on or mounted, I describe it as it is and might note that it's as close to "NOS" new old stock appearance as possible. Just be honest about it and refer to NOS resemblance if it's that nice. Pictures tell a thousand words so get nice tight close ups.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
NOS- new old stock, not to be confused with new new stock. Many ebay sellers get a little confused, they forget the part has to be old and list it as NOS. You might want to list them as "close to NOS".

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
You could also say "Never Off Shelf" meaning it has been on the warehouse shelves all of its "life".

"NOS" and "Numbers matching" are the most missused phrases in our business.

Jan

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
another very common mistake a lot of people make with GM part's is that they can not tell the difference from 1960's (REAL NOS) new old stock and 1980's rerun's (REPRODUCTION NEW OLD STOCK) GM in the 1980's made a lot of part's for 67 68 69 camaro's 64 to 70 chevelle's and so on , these part's are true GM part's but are not what I refer to as NOS , to me a NOS new old stock part was made the same time frame as the car it fit's ,,

·
Registered
677 Posts
Even if a part is NOS, be honest if you are selling it! Some people assume that NOS means the part is in perfect condition since it has never been used. I have seen and bought NOS parts that were in horrible shape due to factory blemishes. That's probably the reason they are still around. Just saying that something is NOS is in no way accurately describing it's true condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.