Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I just hard wire directly to battery + and - with the supplied pigtail? And how are you guys strapping the dangling wires when not hooked up? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I would hardwire directly to the battery. Make sure you have the correct wire to the positive side so the end of the plug doesnt have the bare metal terminal.

Tyrap the wire so it is not flopping around. Where is the battery, in the front or trunk? I have my battery in the trunk and I plug mine it from under the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would hardwire directly to the battery. Make sure you have the correct wire to the positive side so the end of the plug doesnt have the bare metal terminal.

Tyrap the wire so it is not flopping around. Where is the battery, in the front or trunk? I have my battery in the trunk and I plug mine it from under the car.
My battery is in the front stock location

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Interesting. Did you run the power cord through a bulkhead fitting / grommet? Or do you have to open the trunk to plug in the battery tender?

I put the charging post in the trunk floor by the tail lights. Then I have my small pigtail under the car hanging. Then I just reach up under the car and plug it in. Trunk stays closed.

Here is the bulkhead connectors I put in the trunk floor. A cover goes over the tail lights and covers it.

Here is where the battery is mounted. And I didnt use the Rod Door panels.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Nice setup Mike!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just put one of these on my dad's '85 Caprice. Because of the side post battery I lengthened the positive wire on the pigtail and connected it to the charge post on the alternator. The negative was attached to the body ground. I fished the pigtail through a hole in front of the battery and ziptied it to the bumper bracket. All I have to do is reach behind the bumper pull it down and plug it in.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I put the charging post in the trunk floor by the tail lights. Then I have my small pigtail under the car hanging. Then I just reach up under the car and plug it in. Trunk stays closed.

Here is the bulkhead connectors I put in the trunk floor. A cover goes over the tail lights and covers it.

Here is where the battery is mounted. And I didnt use the Rod Door panels.
One of the reasons we did it like this is if the battery goes dead we can charge it from under the car. The trunk panels cover everything in the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts