Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck restoring the metal shroud on a 68 delux wheel. I know I could send it out but wanted to try something at home first. Two things: the black stripe in the center and arms of the shroud. Mine needs repainting--any suggestions on what to use? I was thinking of some semi-gloss black hobby paint. Also there is a bit of pitting. Shoul I sand these areas down? If so how do I match the buffed finish? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have any answers but I'm also restoring the same wheel you are. I was fortunate enough to get a second metal shroud that has no pitting and a perfect SS emblem. I'm not sure if I want to try and mask off the thin chrome stripe or spray the whole thing and then try and remove the paint to expose the chrome. I think I'm going to spray the whole thing, both the metal and the plastic buttons, with Landau Black paint from Eastwood. Someone on this site used it on their center console and it looks like a good color and finish match for the steering wheel shroud. Good luck and I'll send you some pics if I get to painting this weekend. There's a big swap meet here so I might not get much done on the car this weekend. Nothing wrong with a little man shopping though.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts